Re: GSoC - Octave code sharing - formadd vs. mime_init

From: Sahil
Subject: Re: GSoC - Octave code sharing - formadd vs. mime_init
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 22:28:58 -0700 (MST)

siko1056 wrote
> Sahil,
>
> Thank you for your blog post and great news that you made it with the
> formadd-approach!  The decision is up to you to switch to the new
> mime-API.
> Both has advantages: Debian stable does not support the new mime-API [1],
> thus several Octave users cannot use it right now, and you old
> formadd-approach finally works now.  On the other hand, when your feature
> gets merged, many systems might already be upgraded and in the end you'll
> have the use the non-depricated feature anyway.
>
> Did you already figure out, if the mime-API works as expected for your
> purpose?
>
> Best,
> Kai
>
> [1] Needs libcurl 7.56.0, Debian stable is on version 7.52.1
> https://packages.debian.org/de/stretch/libcurl4-openssl-dev
>

> --
> Sent from:
> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638794.html

Hi Kai

Thanks to you and others for helping me out. I believe, currently we should
stick to this approach. In the coming times, we can then change it to MIME
API. That won't take long because the only change needed is in the
`form_data_post` function. Other things will remain as it is. Or better, we
can change this before the final evaluation. I'll be having some buffer
period then for wrapping and cleanup, so we can do this as well.