Re: statistics 1.4.0 release

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: statistics 1.4.0 release
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 10:15:50 -0700

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 06:58:47 -0400, John Donoghue wrote:
> On 06/18/2018 12:23 AM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> > I'm starting to look at updating the Fedora octave-statistics package to
> > 1.4.0.  It appears that the addition of a configure script triggers
> > octave to treat it as an arch-specific package even though there are no
> > compiled binaries.  Is there any desire to try to avoid this?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. The presence of a configure script
causes Octave to run the configure script. I'm not sure that Octave does
anything that makes it an "arch-specific package". The octave-statistics
package in Debian is arch:all.

> There needed to be a way detect if being installed in a cross compiled
> environment, installed for windows and then install a number of functions
> conditionally on whether they already exist in octave.

Having a makefile and/or configure script is the right and only way to
do this at the moment.

--
mike