Re: 4.4 Release Checklist - Item #8 - 'make check'

From: Marco Caliari
Subject: Re: 4.4 Release Checklist - Item #8 - 'make check'
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 23:20:30 +0200

On Thu, 29 Mar 2018 10:01:10 -0700
Rik <address@hidden> wrote:

> Starting Item #8 on the Release Checklist
>
> 8. Verify 'make check' is passing
>
>   * Start discussion on octave-maintainers list about which failing tests
>     must be fixed

In ilu.m there is a xtest. Matlab is claimed to pass, which is true, but its
result has L singular. Incomplete lu is used for preconditioners, and the
L, U, factors need to be non-singular. I think that Octave is right when it
says that a pivot is 0. I would change the %!xtest into a %!error and the
comment to % Matlab R2017b returns a singular L.

Thanks,

Marco