Re: Variable Editor, short survey

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Variable Editor, short survey
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 15:26:14 -0700

On 03/22/2018 03:05 PM, address@hidden wrote:
Subject:
Variable Editor, short survey
From:
Daniel J Sebald <address@hidden>
Date:
03/22/2018 01:20 PM
To:
Octave-Maintainers <address@hidden>
7bit
Message:
5

Would people prefer for

openvar x

to raise the Variable Editor to the top of the DeskTop after opening the variable, if the V.E. is a floated window?

How about if the V.E. is a docked widget, within a tab?  Should that tab become visible?  Even if it is going to mean the Command Line tab becomes non-visible?

Dan

PS: Would it be convenient for openvar to allow multiple variables, just like "save V1 V2 ..." works?  E.g.,

x = zeros(3);
y = ones(3);
z = eye(3);
openvar x y z

I like all three things.  If I have requested to open a variable in the Variable Editor, rather than just display it in the console of the Command Window, then presumably my next action is to go over to the V.E.  If we can make that one step by changing the focus to the V.E. that would be useful.

--Rik