Re: Make install stable not working

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Make install stable not working
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 14:49:27 +0100

>> I can compile from sources and check and everything runs smoothly.
>> I do not build the manual (still fails in my system) but I do build
>> function documentations.
>
> Was this because of your Nvidia video driver and OSMesa? Are you
> building with Qt 5.2 or later? If yes, please try a full build and see
> if it works for you now.

How do I find the qt5 dependencies, in the wiki we have for qt4
(indeed configure is using that)

https://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Debian_systems#Install_dependencies

but replacing 4 with 5 doesn't work with the package manager.

The failure in a complete make is (in addition to the previous):

qcollectiongenerator: could not exec
'/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin/qcollectiongenerator': No such file
or directory

Maybe this is a new dependency that is not mentioned in the dependency list?

This collector seems to be only in qt5

https://packages.debian.org/sid/i386/qttools5-dev-tools/filelist

and I am not sure what should I install qttols5-dev or qttools5-dev-tools

Thanks !