OctConf 2018, third day -- a lot of work done

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: OctConf 2018, third day -- a lot of work done
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 19:22:36 +0100

Hi everyone

More reporting from CERN during OctConf 2018.

Today we released Octave 4.2.2, changed the default behaviour for
starting the GUI following Mike's suggestion on the mailing list, and
been looking at pkg and writing tests for it.  We also had the visit
to CERN which this year was to the retired synchrocyclotron.

A quite productive day despite not meeting all the original
objectives.

Tomorrow we are planning more discussions, of most importance OctConf
2019, its dates and objectives.  Please send feedback if you would like us
to consider something tomorrow.

Carnë