Re: parallel make hangs

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: parallel make hangs
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 10:34:25 -0500

On 11/21/2017 10:06 PM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

Those happen sometimes.  Here the make process hangs on voronoi.eps (regardless of parallel build or not), but I think that is a long-standing bug with osmesa and nVidia drivers.

I'm surprised that you have any success mixing the nvidia libGL with OSMesa. I don't think the layout of the GL context used the the nvidia library is compatible with the one used by Mesa. As far as I know, the only way to make that work properly is to use the Mesa libGL and force software rendering. What happens if you do that, by setting LD_PRELOAD=/path/to/your/mesa/libGL.so and LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 in the build environment? Does it hang then? Are both actually needed for building? Since that is only doing off-screen rendering, then the LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE might not be needed.