Re: Deprecate fltk graphics toolkit?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Deprecate fltk graphics toolkit?
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 13:26:46 -0500

On 11/08/2017 12:50 PM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

You are asking the right questions.  I did a prototype years ago that removed the callback approach.  It used signal/slot on the GUI side of things, but without Qt code in Octave core proper.

I agree that this is a better way to go. I believe this is also how the Octave interpreter currently communicates with the Qt graphics code.

For example, see the way that drawnow (DEV, FILE) calls the graphics toolkit's print_figure function. For Qt, the print_figure function uses a signal (sentPrint) and slot (slotPrint) connection to do this job.

I would like to fix this for the other parts of the GUI as well.