Re: GUI release

From: Torsten
Subject: Re: GUI release
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 07:10:01 +0100

On 28.01.2015 03:20, Rik wrote:

> I don't think we want to wait much longer for a GUI release.  The
> development branch continues to make great strides, but it is rapidly
> diverging from the gui-release branch.  I would prefer to see us keep
> the promise about maintaining deprecated code for two releases.
>
> In terms of what to do, there is a checklist of activities for a release
> on the wiki at http://wiki.octave.org/Roadmap.  One of the first
> priorities is figuring out which bugs require fixing before the release
> and which would only be nice to fix.  In the past we have tried to fix
> all segmentation faults, all regressions, and any bugs with a severity >
> 4.  A quick search on Savannah shows that there are 38 bugs marked as
> crashes.  One thing that becomes apparent is that the GUI has a lot of
> trouble running and plotting under Mac OS X.  Certainly we will need to
> have some sort of solution for that OS.

After a quick look into the GUI bug list, I would like to add the
following bugs to the list although they are not yet marked as crash or
with a severity > 4:

bug #38305: Conflicts between octave's SIGCHLD handler and qt process
handling
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?38305

bug #42307: Play button does not run script if name contains hyphen
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?42307

Torsten