Re: GUI Octave

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: GUI Octave
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:57:28 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- Jordi Guti将アrrez Hermoso wrote:

> On 10 February 2011 16:49, Philip Nienhuis <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Like QtOctave, it has to "connect" to Octave. Does that point to
> > pipes, nJordi?
>
> Yes, that probably means it's repeating the same old tired mistake.
>
> > (1) After invoking graphics_toolkit ('fltk') (as first statement,
> > otherwise this will be ignored and Gnuplot will still be used - a
> > glitch in 3.3.91MingW)
>
> I don't think it's a glitch; gnuplot is still the default because
> we're not fully confident with fltk yet.
>
> > &#65533;and trying some simple plots like plot (randn (10, 2)), the
> > graphics window never shows up.
>
> QtOctave has the same problem. Which is probably also related to the
> "Octave connection".
Perhaps gnuplot is external program.  Communication is established  via pipe
but fltk directly communicate to octave .
Some windows api functions for console program cannot execute GUI staff.
I have met the similar problem when I tried execute octave for windows from the
SciTE editor.
The gnuplot execute completely another process and octave communicate to it via
pipe and plot appeared
as exepected. In this case plot is fine but for fltk plot windows never appear.
In that case, execution octave with independent cmd console windows solved the
problem.

Perhaps to execute fltk from GUI skin one need to modify the code.

The above I wrote is mere a speculation.  Please ask staffs who have enough
knowledge of console to
GUI program communication on  windows.

Regards

Tatsuro

Get the new Internet Explorer 8 optimized for Yahoo! JAPAN
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ie8/