Re: dump_demos [was: Outerposition Patch]

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: dump_demos [was: Outerposition Patch]
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 19:04:46 -0500

On Feb 9, 2011, at 2:39 PM, Søren Hauberg wrote:

> ons, 09 02 2011 kl. 19:28 +0000, skrev bpabbott:
>
>>> dump_demos.m and friends are becoming a valuable debugging tool. Can
>>> we commit them to Savannah?
>>>
>>> - Jordi G. H.
>>
>> I like the suggestion. One problem is that the dump_demos.m script
>> produces a script with syntax errors. Essentially, when the syntax is
>> tweaked to work under Matlab, some features are missed. I'll take a
>> look at the details. Maybe it is possible to have the resulting script
>> run error free under Octave.
>>
>> Ben
>
> The problem is that some demos are written in Octave syntax (i.e. using
> " for strings, "endfor" to stop loops and so forth). This required me to
> make some hacks in the code to semi-automatically create matlab
> compatible code; this is just a mess. It would be more simple if the
> demos could be changed to be matlab compatible.
>
> Søren

I've pushed a change to allow all demo scripts to be converted to Matlab syntax
using Soren's simple approach.

        http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/a754c2d8a13f

Soren, if it's ok with you, I'll prepare a changeset to push dump_demos.m as
well as a script I wrote to produce your html web-page.

Ben