Re: label positioning using fltk

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: label positioning using fltk
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 07:51:39 -0500

On Feb 7, 2011, at 10:38 PM, Liam Groener wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2011, at 3:33 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:
>
>> Now if I can just figure out how to do that in MacOS.
>
> Probably I'm completely misunderstanding what you are trying to do and the
> following is obvious to you. But, just in case: Aquaterm only grabs focus on
> the first plot in a session and that is only because it starts up on the
> first plot command. If you startup aquaterm before you startup octave, the
> terminal will retain focus even for the first plot. If you want octave to
> retain focus for more than just testing purposes, it would seem convenient to
> write a simple shell script to startup the two processes in the proper order
> and then restore focus to the shell.

I have two problems under MacOS. The first is that the fltk-aqua window steals
focus.

Second, if I use gnuplot/aquaterm, the focus problem is fixed, but the windows
never close. When I run Soren't dump_demo's script enough windows are created
that aquaterm / gnuplot eventually crash ... and the script errors out. I can
avoid the crash/error by closing windows as they are created.

Each of these problems mean running the dump_demo's script is effective in
preventing me from doing anything else in parallel.

Ben