Re: linking (DLD_FUCTION)s give .dll files but not .oct files. (MinGW bu

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: linking (DLD_FUCTION)s give .dll files but not .oct files. (MinGW build 3.3.50+)
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 15:04:27 +0900 (JST)

Hello

Thank you for your detailed explanation.

So I have to go to the final stage of building.

I'm now still in the stage of documentation building

http://old.nabble.com/Octave-FAQ-error--MinGW-build-of-3.3.50%2B--to27173188.html

Perhaps the above error perhaps comes from matters which are related TeX.

As I wrote the above, at the moment, I would like to skip document building
stage if possible.
Can I skip it ?

Regards

Tatsuro

--- "John W. Eaton" wrote:
> We are still creating .oct files, but they are just links (or copies,
> if your system cannot create symbolic links) to the .dll or .so or
> whatever files that your system can load with dlopen or similar
> library function.
>
> Since we are using libtool, the targets in the Makefile are not the
> libraries themselves, but are instead libtool .la files, which are
> simple text files that contain information about what files have been
> compiled.  When libtool creates the .la file, it also generates the
> actual library files.  For example, on my system the
> src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/svd.la file contains the following lines
>
>   # svd.la - a libtool library file
>   # Generated by ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 2.2.6b Debian-2.2.6b-2
>   #
>   # Please DO NOT delete this file!
>   # It is necessary for linking the library.
>
>   # The name that we can dlopen(3).
>   dlname='svd.so.0'
>
>   [...]
>
> The svd.so.0 file is stored in the directory src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/.libs.
> Then there are some rules generated at configure time and saved to the
> file src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/module.mk that say how to create the
> corresponding .oct file.  For example, for svd.oct, the rule is
>
>   DLD-FUNCTIONS/svd.oct: DLD-FUNCTIONS/svd.la
>           rm -f $@
>           la=`echo $< | $(SED) 's,DLD-FUNCTIONS/,,'` && \
>             of=`echo $@ | $(SED) 's,DLD-FUNCTIONS/,,'` && \
>             cd DLD-FUNCTIONS && \
>             $(LN_S) .libs/`$(SED) -n -e "s/dlname='\([^']*\)'/\1/p" < $$la`
> $$of
>
> This rule extracts the name of the library (.so, .dll, or whatever)
> from the .la file and creates a link to (or copy of) it with the name
> svd.oct.
>
> So yes, after a successful build, your system should have a set of
> .oct files.  But I think the links (copies) are made last, after all
> the libraries have been compiled and linked.  So if the build process
> stops early, the .oct files might not be present.
>
> jwe

Get the new Internet Explorer 8 optimized for Yahoo! JAPAN
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ie8/