[Changeset] Add the rcond function

From: David Bateman
Subject: [Changeset] Add the rcond function
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 18:16:54 +0200

Although this changeset is large, most of its just replacing "rcond"
with "rcon" to avoid shadow warnings for the rcond methods that the
changeset introduces in Matrix and ComplexMatrix classes. The oct-file
itself is then trivial.

Note that although I started doing the same methods for sparse matrices,
matlab doesn't support this and so I didn't do it in the end. Use
condest(a) if the matrix "a" is sparse.. Also it appears that matlab
only uses the LU factorization for their rcond function and not the
hermitian or triangular matrix versions of the LAPACK factorizations.
Therefore the Octave code will be faster for these cases, but won't
necessarily return the same result as matlab. This is a 1-norm estimate
of the reciprocal condition number in any case and so I believe the
difference can be ignore as its not the exact value we are interested by
rather its magnitude.

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only