Re: Using mkoctfile of a freshly built Octave

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Using mkoctfile of a freshly built Octave
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 09:50:53 +0200

Thomas Weber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as part of a unit test, I would like to use mkoctfile from a fresh
> built, ie after I ran
>
>       make
> the following
>       make check
> should use the newly compiled mkoctfile. Using just 'mkoctfile' in the
> Makefile uses the command from an already installed Octave, so how do I
> get the 'fresh' one?
>
> Thanks
>       Thomas

This appears to be a bug, as run-octave doesn't add the path to
mkoctfile in the EXEC_PATH. Can be tested with

./run-octave
which mkoctfile
system('which mkoctfile')

where the last line will probably return the path to the installed
Octave rather than the mkoctfile with the newly built copy of Octave.
Sorry no patch at the moment, I'm pressed for time.

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary