Re: legend and bar?

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: legend and bar?
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 09:31:00 +0100

Shai Ayal wrote:

>>> I presume you need the addprops function implemented in Octave to allow
>>> arbitrary properties to be added to a handle to create the handle to the
>>> barseries. Have you looked at that, or should someone else do it?
>>>
>> This is indeed what's needed. But I didn't have a look at it and don't
>> plan to do it.
>>

> Does anyone see a simple way to implement addprops? The way I see it
> is is impossible in the current design where properties are actual
> member variables of the object class. I can only think of totaly
> changing the architeture to have properties be dynamic. It is a big
> change.
>
> Shai

Add an octave_map to base_graphics_object to hold the additional
arguments and their field name and methods get/set/add/del methods to
the base class to use these additional arguments. Then you have two
choices, either all the existing classes for graphics objects can be
rewritten to use this map for all fields (which would be the cleanest),
or the get/set methods for each of the graphics objects can hand off to
the base class for field names it doesn't know rather than returning an
error, which would be simpler to implement quickly.

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary