First set of ported octave-forge functions

From: David Bateman
Subject: First set of ported octave-forge functions
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 12:29:24 +0200

Find attached the first set of octave-forge functions from my list that
I ported. It includes the functions meshc, peaks, brighten, autumn,
bone, cool, copper, hot, hsv, jet, pink, prism, rainbow, spring, summer,
white and winter. It also documents these functions in the manual.

Overall there were minimal changes to these functions in porting them. I

* Changed the copyrights to the Octave version of the GPL header
* Used print_usage() rather than usage(...)
* A few minor texinfo help string changes
* Allowed the brighten function to also accept a graphics handle.

Note that there are a couple of additional changes in this patch.
Firstly the brighten function should be able to change the colormap of
surfaces plotted with mesh, etc. However, the __go_draw_axes__.m
function uses a fixed colormap for surfaces. With gnuplot 4.2 or later
it should be possible to fix the colormap to an arbitrary map, and so I
added the code for this. I can't test it however as I have gnuplot 4.0
and not 4.2.

I also removed the colormap setting from the ocean.m and gray.m
functions. Matlab requires that the colormap function is explicitly
called on the maps like "colormap(summer())" to set the map, and so the
removal was for compatibility with matlab and to the ported functions.

Regards
David

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary

2007-07-17  David Bateman  <address@hidden>

         * image/autumn.m image/bone.m image/cool.m image/copper.m
        image/hot.m image/hsv.m image/jet.m image/pink.m image/prism.m
        image/rainbow.m image/spring.m image/summer.m image/white.m
        image/winter.m, image/brighten.m: Port image functions from
        octave-forge.
        * image/Makefile.in: Add ported functions to SOURCES.
        * image/gray.m, image/ocean.m: Don't set the colormap for
        compatibility with matlab.

        * plot/meshc.m, plot/peaks.m: Port plotting function from
        octave-forge
        * plot/Makefile.in: Add ported functions to SOURCES.
        * plot/__go_draw_axes__.m: Set the palette for the surfaces if
        using gnuplot 4.2 or greater.

2007-07-17  David Bateman  <address@hidden>

        * interpreter/plot.txi: New section for test functions. Document
        peaks and meshc.
        * interpreter/octave.texi: Add test plotting section.
        * interpreter/images.txi: Document the functions autumn, bone,