Re: default ~/.octaverc template

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: default ~/.octaverc template
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 13:20:23 -0400

On 29-Apr-2005, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:

| Keith Goodman wrote:
|
| > If the ~/.octaverc template doesn't make it into Octave, I'll submit
| > it to the sources mailing list. We can point new users to it if they
| > ask about customizing Octave.
| >

| I think as a minimum we should make it into into octave/examples/octaverc
|
| (actually I think the examples/ should be in octave/doc/examples, and
| "make install" should install entire doc/ into
/usr/local/share/doc/octave-X.Y.Z
| but that just me :))

This is probably a good idea.  Back in the day, there was no standard
"docdir", but now this is even mentioned in the GNU coding standards,
so I suppose it is time for Octave to catch up.  Would someone like to
write a patch to arrange for useful things from the examples directory
to be installed?  I think $docdir/octave-VERSION is OK.