Re: [OctDev] Octave-forge packaging

From: Rafael Laboissiere
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Octave-forge packaging
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 02:07:55 -0500

* Dmitri A. Sergatskov <address@hidden> [2005-04-23 00:05]:

> I do not use gpc (at least directly -- may be it is used by some
> package), but I do not understand why it is in nonfree/ directory.
> The license says:
>
> <<<<
>
> Copyright information:
>
> Copyright (C) 2001, 2004  Rafael Laboissiere <address@hidden>
>
> [...]
>
> Looks quite GNUish to me.

Indeed, octave-gpc is released under the GNU GPL.  However, octave-gpc
links against the General Polygon Clipping Library
(http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/aig/staff/alan/software/gpc.html), which has a
non-free license.  I already approached the upstream author several times
asking him to change the license terms, but he is not willing to do it.

I packaged the GPC library for Debian.  You can find it at:

    http://packages.debian.org/src:gpcl

--
Rafael