Re: user type segfault

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: user type segfault
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:21:54 -0500

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 03:34:02PM -0500, Andy Adler wrote:
> > I've defined lock_function(string) in variables.cc
> > which does this.  Call lock_function("myconstructor")
> > when you call mytype::register_type().

This will change to mlock shortly.

> Won't this prevent unloading of functions for those
> who are doing the compile-run-debug cycle of code
> development?

I don't think it will.  Should it?

Having live variables of a type kicking around, and
changing the definition of the type out from underneath
is bound to cause some problems.  I prefer developer-beware
in this case.

> Is there any way then to force the unloading of
> the oct file?

I am also defining mislocked and munlock.

It is mostly working now, but I'm going to do some
more tests before resubmitting.

- Paul