oath-toolkit-help

Re: oathtool make target without for API manuals?

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: oathtool make target without for API manuals?
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 15:34:24 +0200

"Paul W. Rankin" via OATH Toolkit general discussions
<oath-toolkit-help@nongnu.org> writes:

>> On 13 Apr 2021, at 5:13 pm, Simon Josefsson <simon@josefsson.org> wrote:
>>
>> tis 2021-04-13 klockan 13:31 +1000 skrev Paul W. Rankin:
>>>
>>> Thanks Simon! No build failure here, I just wanted to avoid the gtk-
>>> doc dependencies. I'm on macOS using Pkgsrc, so it was as easy as
>>> adding
>>>
>>>     DISTCHECK_CONFIGURE_FLAGS=
>>>
>>> to the Pkgsrc Makefile. I just had trouble finding that variable
>>> before in the source. Everything builds without gtk-doc.
>>
>> Okay great.  That variable is only used if you invoke 'make distcheck'
>> which for a normal installation isn't something you need to do.
>
> Oh wait, I'm sorry I spoke too soon! Looks like I was building with gtk-doc
> still installed. Once actually removed, I can no longer build. I've tried
> these:
>
>       DISTCHECK_CONFIGURE_FLAGS=
>       CFGFLAGS=
>
> When building with Pkgsrc, build fails at:
>

> ```
> cd
> /Users/pwr/Developer/pkgsrc/security/oath-toolkit/work/oath-toolkit-2.4.1
> && autoreconf -fi

Why invoke autoreconf?  Read INSTALL for installation instructions.
Normally you unpack the tarball, invoke ./configure and then make.
Anything else is not a normal installation, and to run autoreconf you
need the developer tools (see HACKING).

/Simon