oath-toolkit-help

Re: [OATH-Toolkit-help] FreeRadius integration

From: Christian Hesse
Subject: Re: [OATH-Toolkit-help] FreeRadius integration
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 08:20:20 +0200

Hailu Meng <address@hidden> on Mon, 13 Jun 2011 08:52:55 -0500:
> I'm getting there. But went into some problem. I have Freeradius
> 1.1.3.

Any reason you use this old version of freeradius? Latest stable
version is 2.1.10.

Hailu Meng <address@hidden> on Mon, 13 Jun 2011 08:59:49 -0500:
> I found the problem. I comment the account command in pam. After I put
> in-system for account. The user root can authenticate successfully.
> It seems like I need create all the users in the server to get
> authentication successful.

It definitely does work without having local user accounts. I maintain
a freeradius that authenticates 161016 users (just queried the db) from
mysql. I am shure they do not have local user accounts. ;)
Or did I misunderstood anything?
--
Schoene Gruesse
Chris