nss-mysql-users

Re: [Nss-mysql-users] pam_mysql and nss_mysql

From: Mario Ohnewald
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-users] pam_mysql and nss_mysql
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 17:07:54 +0100 (MET)

Hi Jutta,

> Perhaps my introduction to pam/nss/mysql might be of any help:
> http://www.weltraumsofa.de/pamnssmysql.php

Thanks for the links, its really useful.
As far as i understand it now i think PAM only has a collection of "auth
modules" and only returns true or false.

One of the modules i would like to use is pam_mysql. Which querys for my
password in /etc/pam.d/ssh:
auth    required        pam_unix.so nullok_secure
auth    optional        pam_mysql.so user=root passwd=secret host=127.0.0.1
db=nss_mysql table=user usercolumn=user_name passwdcolumn=password

The query is successful:
050101 16:45:32    2231 Connect     address@hidden on nss_mysql
                   2231 Init DB     nss_mysql
                   2231 Query       SELECT password FROM user WHERE
user_name='linus'

So i dont understand why the user is unknown.
I thought auth checks for user and password? Or only for the password
itself?

Thanks, Mario

1 GB Mailbox bereits in GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail