nss-mysql-users

RE: [Nss-mysql-users] RedHat 9 not loading libnss-mysql

From: Jim Shewmaker
Subject: RE: [Nss-mysql-users] RedHat 9 not loading libnss-mysql
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 11:10:08 -0700

After playing around for quite a while, I am now getting past that problem.
I was seeing :

sshd[1191]: libnss-mysql: initgroups has no valid query

So that at least let me know it was using libnss-mysql, and now I have fixed
my typos in the queries.  However, I'm still not seeing any mention of mysql
in strace test from DEBUGGING.  I feel I am super close if somebody would
explain my nscd.log at the bottom of this email.  Do I need the 'x' field?
Do I need the getspnam to include the lstchng and others?  That would seem
silly to me, but then again, this is my first try with libnss-mysql.

/etc/libnss-mysql.cfg:

[queries]
#getpwnam    SELECT username,'x',uid,gid,gecos,homedir,shell FROM users
WHERE username='%s' LIMIT 1
#getpwuid    SELECT username,'x',uid,gid,gecos,homedir,shell FROM users
WHERE uid='%u' LIMIT 1
getpwnam    SELECT username,uid,gid,gecos,homedir,shell FROM users WHERE
username='%s' LIMIT 1
getpwuid    SELECT username,uid,gid,gecos,homedir,shell FROM users WHERE
uid='%u' LIMIT 1
#getspnam    SELECT username,password,lstchg,min,max,warn,inact,expire,flag
FROM users WHERE username='%s' LIMIT 1
getspnam    SELECT username,passwd FROM users WHERE username='%s' LIMIT 1
#getpwent    SELECT username,'x',uid,gid,gecos,homedir,shell FROM users
getpwent    SELECT username,uid,gid,gecos,homedir,shell FROM users
getspent    SELECT username,passwd FROM users
getgrnam    SELECT name,passwd,gid FROM groups WHERE name='%s' LIMIT 1
getgrgid    SELECT name,passwd,gid FROM groups WHERE gid='%u' LIMIT 1
getgrent    SELECT name,passwd,gid FROM groups
memsbygid   SELECT username FROM grouplist WHERE gid='%u'
gidsbymem   SELECT gid FROM grouplist where username='%s'

[server]
host        localhost
database    client_accounts
username    proftpd_admin
password    proftpd_pass
socket      /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
#socket      /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
#port        3306
timeout     3
compress    0
#initcmd     sql-statement-here

nscd.log (debug level 9) :

1338: handle_request: request received (Version = 2)
1338:   GETPWBYNAME (sshd)
1338: handle_request: request received (Version = 2)
1338:   GETPWBYNAME (cinergi)
1338: handle_request: request received (Version = 2)
1338:   GETHOSTBYADDR (216.177.75.74)
1338: handle_request: request received (Version = 2)
1338:   GETPWBYNAME (NOUSER)
1338: remove GETPWBYUID entry "0"
1338: remove GETPWBYUID entry "26"
1338: remove GETPWBYNAME entry "???"
1338: remove GETPWBYUID entry "80"
1338: handle_request: request received (Version = 2)
1338: remove GETPWBYUID entry "1"
1338:   GETPWBYNAME (NOUSER)
1338: remove GETPWBYNAME entry "NOUSER"
1338: Haven't found "NOUSER" in password cache!
1338: remove GETPWBYUID entry "48"
1338: remove GETPWBYNAME entry "???"
1338: remove GETPWBYNAME entry "???"
1338: remove GETPWBYNAME entry "???"
1338: remove GETPWBYUID entry "4"
1338: remove GETPWBYNAME entry "???"
1338: remove GETPWBYNAME entry "???"
1338: remove GETPWBYNAME entry "???"
1338: remove GETPWBYUID entry "74"
1338: remove GETPWBYUID entry "500"
1338: remove GETPWBYNAME entry "???"
1338: remove GETPWBYNAME entry "cinergi"