nss-mysql-users

Re: [Nss-mysql-users] General nss-mysql questions...

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-users] General nss-mysql questions...
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 17:04:44 -0400

Dans un message du 13 May à 16:46, Michael Chang écrivait :
> Ouch!  Well, then, on a typical, virgin Linux box, when I change a user's
> password with `passwd', what is it that performs that actual modification
> to /etc/shadow?

Basically yes.

> Nevermind, I see that the prototype is in shadow.h for
> putspent(...).  What library is putspent() in?  Can it be overridden via
> the nss libraries, or do I have to hack glibc itself?

No, putspent is not part of the NSS API. I guess it is just part of the
glibc.

> Furthermore, how can I integrate the modification of user account information
> with nss-mysql?
> Am I assuming correctly that I must write my own versions of, say,
> `usermod', `useradd' and `chfn'?

Yes, just like NIS provides yppasswd etc.

Regards,

Guillaume.

--
Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

       Unwisely, Santa offered a teddy bear to James, unaware that he had
             been mauled by a grizzly earlier that year (T. Burton)