nss-mysql-users

Re: [Nss-mysql-users] Re: Home directory

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-users] Re: Home directory
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 15:35:48 -0400

Hi Brad,

Disclaimer: I am going to leave my office soon and won't have net access
until monday...

Dans un message du 02 May à 14:58, Brad Stockdale écrivait :
>       Ok, just did that, and now the su gets further along. It takes the
>       pass
>       and then tells me the account is expired.
>
>       I've setup a user with (what I think) is the proper entries to make
>       the account so it doesnt expire... But alas, the new account also
>       says its expired...

-1 in the correct column should make the passwd "unexpirable" (if that
word exists :) You can set this directly in nss-mysql-root.conf and see
what happens (shadow.expire_column = -1;). If it still does not work, it
would mean that your system is configured to refuse passwords that
cannot expire. I've never seen that, I am not even sure it is possible.

>    2) When I su to one of the users from root, it does not put me into their
>       home directory.

Do you use "su user" or "su - user" ? If you use the former, it is
normal, if you use the latter, that is weird. Check your configuration,
check your auth log where nss-mysql logs every error.

HTH.

--
Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

      A part of me left that only you knew will never be understood (RHCP)