nss-mysql-users

[Nss-mysql-users] Re: Home directory

From: Brad Stockdale
Subject: [Nss-mysql-users] Re: Home directory
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 14:58:25 -0400

Heya all again,

Ok, I've got nss-mysql up and running on one of my test boxes... I've got part of the functionality working alright... But I (of course) have a few snags...

   1) To authenticate, do I need to have pam_mysql installed also? As root
      I can su to the test users (linus, guillaume (figured that would work
      ;) )... I CANNOT su to alan (as expected since the active field is set
      as such)... However, if I am a normal ....

      Wait, I might have just answered that question myself... As an
      unprivileged user I cannot su to one of the sql users -- but I dont
      think I setup the nss-mysql-root.conf file.

      Ok, just did that, and now the su gets further along. It takes the pass
      and then tells me the account is expired.

      I've setup a user with (what I think) is the proper entries to make
      the account so it doesnt expire... But alas, the new account also
      says its expired...

      I'm sure it's one of the user entries that I'm missing...

   2) When I su to one of the users from root, it does not put me into their
      home directory.

   The good news:

   1) Sendmail is handling using nss_mysql just fine, I am happy to report!

Thanks,
Brad

P.S. - Once I get this all straightened out and start using it in a production environment, I'm going to be so happy. Thanks for writing this software package.