nss-mysql-users

Re: [Nss-mysql-users] system does not see memberships/groups...

From: Dragiša Durić
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-users] system does not see memberships/groups...
Date: 30 Nov 2002 21:21:07 +0100

On sub, 2002-11-30 at 17:27, Guillaume Morin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the delay, I am really busy atm.
>
> Dans un message du 18 nov à 16:53, Dragiša Duri? écrivait :
> >   Also, getent group does not show this group. Looks like it show only
> >   groups which are present both in /etc/group and mysql (like root,
> >   bin, adm...).
>
> Hmm, groups which are present both in /etc/group and mysql ? A group
> must not be in both sources and you'll get unexpected results. You
> should fix that and if the behavior changes.

  Problem was of other sort. Query used for "getent group" has problems
when user is inactive - there is NULL is user_name column of report.
I've solved this one with ! prepending password, as is usual in
/etc/passwd.

  As for groups in both /etc/group end nss-mysql, I must have them when
I have a user belonging to some system group, for any reason. And I
don't think this is a problem, as membership is resolved by iteration
through "getent group" and every line which matches an username in
member list is added to, say, "id" output. Is it correct?

--
Dragiša Durić <address@hidden>