Re: 'all' folder msgs from last 3 weeks; of symlinks?

From: Bakul Shah
Subject: Re: 'all' folder msgs from last 3 weeks; of symlinks?
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 13:14:09 -0700

On Sep 20, 2022, at 8:18 AM, Tom R <nmh@trodman.com> wrote:

> I would be ok with symlinks or hardlinks; but symlinks are better since I
> could
> quickly find which folder the msg first landed in.

You can use a sequence to keep track of which folder a message came
from. Then you just have to run a function like

msg2seq() { grep "\<$1\>" .mh_sequences|sed 's/:.*//'}

to reverse map a msg to the sequence(s) it is part of. One benefit
is MH will maintain them properly as you rmm, sortm old messages etc.