Export/sync nmh folders to IMAP server

From: Wolfgang Denk
Subject: Export/sync nmh folders to IMAP server
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 12:50:17 +0200

Hi,

tldr: How can I export (and keep in sync) MH folders to an IMAP
      account; direction is only MH -> IMAP.

I've been a using (n)mh and EXMH for decades, but now I find myself
in the position to make my mail folders accessable to other people
who do not know these tools.

What I am looking for is a way to export nmh folders to an IMAP
server, and keep them in sync.

Note: The pushing of my MH folders to the IMAP account is the *only*
activity that will modify the data there.  There will be no incoming
mails to that IMAP account, and except for my push / sync operations
it can be considered read-only.

I've found Markus Kuhn's MH-EXPORT tool [1] which probaby can be
used as a starting point, but this seems to be more suitable for
one-time exports, and setting up something like a daily sync run
requires more thinking.

Are there any better / easier approaches for such a task?

As mentioned one key point is that the IMAP account can be
considered read-only for all other users except for the sync from my
MH folder...

Thanks in advance.

[1] https://github.com/mgkuhn/mh-export

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

HRB 165235 Munich,  Office: Kirchenstr. 5, 82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
In C we had to code our own bugs, in C++ we can inherit them.