Re: mts.conf not being read?

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: mts.conf not being read?
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 22:32:09 -0400

>It's possible that at one point I ran into trouble using mts.conf (maybe
>I  didn't realize  that  SMTP  had changed  to  SUBMISSION) and  somehow
>figured out that I could use spost instead.

spost is very very old (it dates back from the original MH), but it was
never documented (it was documented in the old MH FAQ).  If you used
that instead of sendmail/pipe, I suspect you put it in your .mh_profile
15-20 years ago and just forgot about it.  The only reason that shell
script exists is for those people who still had it in their .mh_profile.

Just as a timeline ... the creation of sendmail/pipe and the spost
compatibility shell script happened in nmh 1.6.  The switch to the
submission port happened in 1.7.