RFC 9057 (the Author: header field)

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: RFC 9057 (the Author: header field)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 19:55:15 +0200

Hello.

I seem to recall that you are slowly drifting towards a new
release, and as i was thrilled by RFC 9057 i thought i bring it to
your attention, in case you are not yet aware.  I implemented it
for my mailer right away yesterday afternoon (i have not restarted
it yet though), as i think it good stuff that brings the email
protocol back into good shape, after it has been messed for DMARC
or whatever, resulting in all this terribe "x via y" From: lines,
and the misuse of Reply-To: etc etc.
(My support is not yet complete, replying to emails uses an
interpretation of the standard that noone else uses, and the
change is incomplete in the queue since last September or so.  It
now has to / will take Author: into account right away.)

Ciao,

--steffen