Re: sorting uniquely by message-id

From: Krullen Van De Trap
Subject: Re: sorting uniquely by message-id
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2020 14:48:31 +0000

Dear Ralph,

> > sort -k 3 | sort -k 2
>
> I don't think that does what you intend.
> Anything achieved by the first sort is discarded by the second.

Indeed it does not.

Attached is a better version. I switched it also to use the unit
separator (number 31, like number 29 but for fields of a record).

So now the unnecessarily complex attack is to send a unit separator,
and the simple attack is still to send the exact same message-id.
I suppose you can check SPF, &c to mitigate either attack.

Respectfully yours,
Krullen Van De Trap