Re: application/pkcs7-signature smime.p7s

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: application/pkcs7-signature smime.p7s
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 15:34:09 +0000

Hi Axel,

> What is the right/best way to handle incoming
> mime parts   application/pkcs7-signature  ?
>
> I know how to decrypt those parts with openssl but I would like to
> replace the original mime part with the decrypted result.

I don't know, but replacing one MIME part in an email sounds like it's
in mhfixmsg(1)'s domain.  Perhaps it could grow some kind of filter-part
option whereby application/pkcs7-signature can be specified and the
command used to filter looked up, just as mhfixmsg-format-text/html is
now.

(I've often thought a delete-part would be useful for all those
corporate-signature images tacked onto the end of every email.)

David?