Re: vixie out

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: vixie out
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 19:38:24 -0800

Ken Hornstein <address@hidden> wrote:

> >The new system is Office 365 and all employees are *required* to use
> >Lookout on their Windows and Mac systems as an MUA using a badge for
> >authentication. Given that, I'm pessimistic there is an open way to
> >access NASA email. Linux users currently have a waiver to continue using
> >IMAP, but that will go away once NASA IT finds a solution. It is likely
> >to be a dictated MUA (as with the Mac and Windows) rather than a general
> >mechanism.
>
> Geez, you really should be more up-to-date on the mailing list :-)

We're in agreement there!

> I can't promise this will work for you, but this message might be
> helpful:
>
>   https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2019-05/msg00029.html

Indeed. If you're still associated with the navy, you're certainly
feeling the same pain, as the requirements come from the NIST, I think.
I'll look forward to trying it when I return to the office. Thanks for
pointing out the thread as I clearly missed it during my skim.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden> aka <address@hidden>
http://www.newt.com/wohler/, GnuPG ID:610BD9AD