Re: 'comp' broke after fedora upgrade 29->30 | need help w/ Makefile tar

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: 'comp' broke after fedora upgrade 29->30 | need help w/ Makefile targets
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2019 19:54:30 -0500

Tom writes:

> After upgrading from fedora 29 to fedora 30, I get

Fedora 30 uses readline 8.0.  The easiest ways to deal with it would be to
rebuild your local nmh (I recommend build_nmh in the top-level nmh source
directory) or install the Fedora RPM (sudo dnf install nmh).

> I assume I should back up > /usr/local/nmh/etc
> and then use make to remove the current install. How/which target?

There is an uninstall target, but I've never used it.  I just remove the entire
nmh tree (/usr/local/nmh/ in your case).