Re: format and output all received: lines in an e-mail message

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: Re: format and output all received: lines in an e-mail message
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 20:51:52 +0100

Andy Bradford wrote in <20191122084003.18170.qmail@angmar.bradfordfamily\
.org>:
 |Thus said Steffen Nurpmeso on Thu, 21 Nov 2019 23:14:29 +0100:
 |> I have heared someone revived qmail  and wants to include some patches
 |> for builtin TLS etc. That sounded very much interesting, especially if
 |> its mailing-list manager would be maintained again!
 |
 |There has been some momentum around  creating a newer version that has a
 |forward path. I imagine there are  still some diehards out there like me
 |who  just continue  to  use  the original  software  (mine is  minimally
 |patched for example) because it "just works."

It was notqmail..  Not touched in a few months.  Well.

 |I  still use  unpatched ezmlm  for  my own  personal uses  for the  same
 |reasons,  though I  have added  an  extra binary;  but the  rest of  the
 |additional things that were added to it I haven't needed.

I was thinking about that when i practically had to move away from
Sourceforge, since Unicode.org used it for many years, and i had
no rememberance of any issue (except seeing never seen From_ quoting
via space not >).  (Not that i remember any issues after their
switch to Mailman.)  I did not dare to go that route by then.

 |Curiously, the email  you sent me appears to have  never arrived via the
 |MLM that nmh-workers uses---I suspect it has one of those fancy features
 |that thinks an email that was sent to one address shouldn't be also sent
 |to another address (i.e. if the address of the To/Cc recipient is also a
 |member  of  the MLM  exclude  one  of  them).  Personally, I  prefer  to
 |distinguish between direct  replies and replies via MLM so  I don't mind
 |the extra because my filters funnel things appropriately.

That must be your very personal Mailman config then, or?
Well, hmmm ..
I prefer people using Mail-Followup-To: instead of some ML
software modifying the address lists, they could as well just
avoid resending the mail!?!  Yes, i mean, well.
I really like looking into old archives and i hope what i see is
the real original thing, which i think is a value by itself.
But the world does not seem to cherish this.
A nice weekend!

--steffen