Re: [nmh-workers] nmh sourcesfile:///home/norm/Desktop/repl.desktop

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] nmh sourcesfile:///home/norm/Desktop/repl.desktop
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 23:18:37 +0100

Hi Norm,

> I am probably doing something wrong. When I try
>
>      comp -e prompter
>
> I get:
>
> comp: error while loading shared libraries: libreadline.so.6: cannot
>     open shared object file: No such file or directory

It's probable that the nmh package fails to list a dependency to acquire
libreadline.  Depending on your version of Ubuntu, different versions of
libreadline are availble.  The error above has a `6' meaning the nmh
you're running was built to expect package libreadline6.

https://packages.ubuntu.com provides various ways to search Ubuntu's
packages, e.g. what packages provide a file with libreadline somewhere
in its name.  `lsb_release -a' will show the version of Ubuntu that
you're running.