Re: [nmh-workers] Multiple identities and envelope-from

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] Multiple identities and envelope-from
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2019 16:31:37 -0400

>Quick question: any suggestion where I should start looking for stuff to
>do with envelope-from in my outgoing emails?  Does this entry in the
>very first Received: header in my outgoing emails come from NMH or exim4
>(which provides my sendmail)?

How exactly are you submitting email?  smtp, sendmail/smtp, or sendmail/pipe?

If it's the last one, then that interface has reduced functionality and
things like Envelope-From won't work (and you only need that in very
unusual circumstances and this doesn't seem like one of them); you'll
have to look at your exim docs.