Re: [nmh-workers] #ifdef UK

From: spaceman
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] #ifdef UK
Date: Sat, 18 May 2019 23:58:17 +0100

Hi,

Robert Elz wrote:
> as an arg to scan (either via -format or -form) whether numeric
> dates are printed as D/M (the sane way) or M/D (stupid).

It might be pure opinion but I don't think M/D is "stupid" when put in
context for example:

YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS
2019-05-18T23:43:15

is an ISO format and it makes sense because you start with biggest unit
and end with the smallest. You write numbers starting with biggest unit,
so why not dates?

I take issue with you calling the format "stupid" simply because you
are not used it or you were raised with a different format. Some people
write left to right others right to left, (and if you really going for
it, top to bottom and bottom to top), which one of those is "stupid"?

Regards,
spaceman