Re: [nmh-workers] Reply to Ralph Corderoy

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] Reply to Ralph Corderoy
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 17:05:58 +0100

Hi Stewart,

> I did your optioned send below, except I used -port 2525 and it went!
> What now? send -snoop -mts smtp -server mail.eskimo.com -port 2525
> Trying to connect to "mail.eskimo.com" ...
> Connecting to 204.122.16.4:2525...
> <= 220 mail.eskimo.com ESMTP Postfix
> <= 250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
> <= 250-AUTH=PLAIN LOGIN
> <= 250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 2ECD314461D

Great.  So you need to edit your ~/.mh_profile to change send's -port
back to 2525, as it was when you started.  You mentioned Verizon being a
problem in the past, and it looks like it still it, blocking your port
25 connection to Eskimo.
https://www.eskimo.com/support/mail/mail-settings/ says they support
2525 to workaround this.

Once you've done that, you should find a plain

    send -snoop

fails because it tries to connect to localhost's port 2525, but a

    send -snoop -server mail.eskimo.com

works.  If so, then /etc/nmh/mts.conf's `servers' entry isn't being
obeyed.  Either it isn't being read, or its getting trumped by something
else.

Does `env | grep MTS' show anything?  There are two environment
variables, MHMTSCONF and MHMTSUSERCONF, that can alter whence the
mts.conf settings are gathered.