Re: [nmh-workers] procmail/rcvstore & message file format

From: Robert Elz
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] procmail/rcvstore & message file format
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 06:09:33 +0700

    Date:        Sat, 25 Aug 2018 17:59:22 -0400
    From:        Richard M Kreuter <address@hidden>

  | showed that the source of the `From ' line is upstream of my .forward,

I use:

        formail < "$F" -I "From " -Y -s procmail

where "$F" is an mbox format file -- it would work with a single message
on stdin as well) like

        | formail -I "From " -Y -s procmail

That deletes the "From " stuff, and makes the message format just fine for
both |rcvstore and direct storage into MHY folders (I use both, rcvstore
when I want unseen sequence updates, and direct storage when I don't).

You'll probably find that the >From comes from whatever thinks it is writing
mail in mbox format as well.

kre