Re: [nmh-workers] post 1.71 ug: "long line"/single newline paragraphs

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] post 1.71 ug: "long line"/single newline paragraphs
Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 15:20:17 +0100

Hi,

Michael Richards, message ID <address@hidden>:
                                              ~~~~~~~~~
> And given EFAIL, it seems that we were wise.

Or not?  I've been surprised by the odd bit of decoding nmh has done for
MIME parts, giving a text summary of the content.  I suspect the
programs used, e.g. netpbm, have bugs to do with their decoding, just as
they definitely have bugs elsewhere, and they've not been pored over for
flaws as more https://www.coreinfrastructure.org/ has done, e.g.
Google's fuzzing.

I can see why it's handy for the new nmh user to have as much MIME
content handled as possible `out of the box', and /etc/nmh/mhn.defaults
has a lot of definitions on most systems, but I think I'd like starting
with zero and then adding them as required, after consideration.  This
might be as simple as uncommenting an entry supplied with nmh.

<https://inputplus.co.uk/ralph/sig>