Re: [nmh-workers] bug report -- message does not go away

From: Edo (Edoardo Biagioni)
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] bug report -- message does not go away
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 14:43:35 -1000

Message <address@hidden> says:
> Edo wrote:

> > Recently I updated to ubuntu 18.04, and I got the message below.  In
> > spite of the promise on the last line, the message (and the need to
> > press "enter" for each email that I read) does not go away.

> The easiest fix, I expect, would be to add this to your profile
> ($HOME/.mh_profile):

> Welcome: disable

I added it manually (using vi), and the message went away.  Wonderful.

Then, for further testing, I removed that line again, and the message
did not come back.  Is the code checking the date of the .mh_profile?

> We should try to understand why you keep seeing the welcome message.
> Is your context file writable?  The path to the context file can be
> shown by "mhparam context".  It is relative to your MH directory, shown
> by "mhparam path".  Does it contain a Version component, such as:

>    $ cat `mhparam path`/`mhparam context`
>    Current-Folder: inbox
>    Version: nmh-1.7

It does NOT contain a Version component:

    $ cat `mhparam path`/`mhparam context`
    Current-Folder: inbox

> Do you have an MHCONTEXT environment variable set?

I do not:

    $ echo $MHCONTEXT

    $

> "mhparam context" won't reflect it.

> David

Thank you already for your help!  Should I add the version to the
context file?  Is there anything else you want me to do?

aloha

        edo