Re: [nmh-workers] [Nmh-workers] Incorporating RSS and Atom feeds

From: Thomas Levine
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] [Nmh-workers] Incorporating RSS and Atom feeds
Date: Wed, 09 May 2018 14:12:33 +0000

Ralph Corderoy writes:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Like Leonardo, I'm happy with rss2email(1).  With the death of Aaron
> Swartz, its maintainership has bounced around a little and last I looked
> it had atrophied after someone converted its data store to shiny JSON
> format from Python's nippy pickle, with a tedious slowdown in
> performance.  But it does.  Given you seem to like Python, you might
> want to take it on.  :-)   https://github.com/wking/rss2email/issues/93
>
> --
> Cheers, Ralph.
> https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy

In the last year the many improvements rss2email have been merged and
packaged widely.

However, I still sought additional features. I just wrote something very
similar to rss2email, and I fortunately managed to come up with
a different name. I didn't manage to subscribe to the rss2email mailing
list, so I'll announce it here instead.
https://thomaslevine.com/scm/opml2email/dir?ci=tip

The main new features:

* The Reply-To header is set to the address of the author of the feed.
* Everything is stored in one OPML file.

Aside from these, I didn't implemented only the basic features.