Re: [nmh-workers] inc only incorporates one email from spool

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] inc only incorporates one email from spool
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 15:32:58 +0100

Hi kre,

> Are you sure you're not getting all of them, incorporated as a single
> message?

I think you're right.  I wonder how fetchmail and procmail are being
made to work together.

> As I recall (have not done this for a very long time) procmail deletes
> the 'From ' lines from messages (or perhaps fetchmail deletes them)
> and without those, inc cannot tell where one message ends and the next
> starts.

A simple `procmail /dev/null <scrumpy.mbox' here, where the mbox has
three emails, has it append one email to the normal mail-spool file that
has a `From ' at the start.  The others that marked the start of
subsequent emails have become `>From '.

https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy