Re: [Nmh-workers] GCC 8 pre-releases have escaped...

From: Paul Vixie
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] GCC 8 pre-releases have escaped...
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2018 10:19:22 -0800

Ken Hornstein wrote:
Six is ABRT.  Have you tried `make check' with valgrind?

Sigh, there are a ton of exclusions I have to put in valgrind to
make it useful on MacOS X.  I'm chipping away at them slowly.

my first thought was "here kid, here's a nickel, get yourself a real computer." however, that would be rude so instead i'll say, i can make you a freebsd-11 bhyve VM that you can use for this kind of testing, just ask.

I ran it against 500k messages on the Enron corpus ... and of course
YOU have the one email that breaks it.  Sigh.

if we don't fix everything valgrind or coverity warns about, probability approaches unity that there will be an occasional e-mail message of death.

note that coverity is free for open source projects. it tends to find more and smaller things than are obviously fatal, but it does prioritize them. my friends in the freebsd project say that they run it once a week and chip away at the worst findings. MH could do the same.

--
P Vixie