Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.7's `make clean' is Overzealous.

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.7's `make clean' is Overzealous.
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 14:46:16 -0500

>> But .... from what you said, openssh does NOT hardcode the 'ssh' append in
>> their configure.ac/Makefile.* for sysconfdir, it's just their _package_
>> (e.g., the RPM spec file) that does it, right?  That seems to be following
>> the GNU recommendations.
>
>Does it?

Weeell, I was talking about sysconfdir.  I'm fine with us hardcoding
a "nmh" extension for libexecdir, since that's inline with the
GNU recommendations.

>> I'm trying to see what the problem is with that.
>
>Re-litigation of Lyndon's decision, and Ralph's points that support it.

We can't re-litigate decisions?  Since when?  We have certainly done that
before.  And like I said previously, back when the original decision was
made I don't think anyone knew that it couldn't have been overridden;
I certainly wasn't under that impression.

Like I said, I only have a beef with sysconfdir; I'm fine with a hardcoded
appending for libexecdir.