Re: [Nmh-workers] The first release candidate of nmh 1.7 is now availabl

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] The first release candidate of nmh 1.7 is now available!
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2017 13:44:28 +0100

Hi Ken,

> > I used https and it worked fine.
>
> Fair enough; the links to the download area are all http, and the
> release DOES have a GPG signature (which I suppose we don't
> advertise), so I didn't think about it.

SHA-1 and SHA-256 might be what folks are more used to checking against.
The more encrypted traffic the better, was my thinking.

> Well, okay, one thing ... I don't know if all of the mirrors support
> https.

Ah, I see.

> I just based the ordering on previous NEWS entries; if you want to
> move it around that is fine with me.  But please cherry-pick the
> changes so they also end up on master.

Done that.

BTW, how did you compress the tar file?  I was checking to see if it
could be made smaller, out of curiosity, and gzip 1.8-2 here could only
make the tar file bigger regardless of the -{1..9} option.

    $ wc -c nmh-1.7-RC1.tar.gz ? | sed '$d' | sort -n
     1386731 nmh-1.7-RC1.tar.gz
     1387508 9
     1388430 8
     1392972 7