[Nmh-workers] Case-insensitive filesystem pathnames in alias files

From: norm
Subject: [Nmh-workers] Case-insensitive filesystem pathnames in alias files
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 06:56:40 -0700

While we're on the subject of alias files.

man mh-alias says:

  Alias file contents are case-insensitive, with the exception of filesystem
  path names.

Is that really true for case-insensitive filesystems, such as those normally
on Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh? I don't have access to such a
filesystem so I can't test it. I'm guessing that the code just tries to open a
file with an unmodified name, and that will just work on a case-insensitive
filesystem for a file whose name matches case-insensitively.

    Norman Shapiro